As you may have guessed from my last post, I’m gradually adding time to craft back into my schedule. I’m thrilled. I can’t tell you how much happier I am when I have “creative-time” to look forward to. Are you having … Continue reading
I have a confession.
I miss being crafty.
Okay…a few confessions.
I miss you guys. I miss blogging here, too.
So why did I stop at all? Well, I don’t want to sound like I’m making excuses, so let me share something with you–something my dad always says: “It’s an explanation–not an excuse.”
Everyone has those days where being productive just isn’t going to happen. Today is one of those days for me, but I’m trying all my tricks to get through it.
Those tricks are:
- Don’t listen to the voice in your head. That short story for your literature class does, in fact, need to be written today. Not applicable? [Insert today’s goal(s) here.]
- Hot beverages work wonders. Tea, coffee, hot chocolate…anything warm to sit by your side can help you gather your thoughts with each sip. I speak from experience. Sadly, I also speak from experience when I say you should not spike said drink with alcohol.
- Push through the pain. They say, “No pain, no gain.” This might not work at the gym, but it works at the office…or virtually any other place that isn’t the gym.
- Take a break to gather your thoughts. By “break” I mean two to five minutes, folks. Personally, I like putting water on for tea and pacing while I wait for it to boil. Any amount of physical activity helps clear my mind.
- Avoid Social Media. It’s easier said than done, but when I closed my browser, I got this post done pretty quickly.
These aren’t foolproof methods, but they work for me. What do you do to be more productive?
It’s a new year, and some of us are trying to tone down the stress in our lives. Maybe we should smile. It might make someone else’s day less stressful, too. Maybe you’re like me and want to write a … Continue reading